Monday, January 2, 2012

Bio

My Name is Eric Stroderd and I am currently 33 years old. I am the founder of MyDealerSupply.com which is an online Ecommerce Auto Dealership supply company and Executive Director of Sales for national GPS company. This didn't happen overnight and its been an interesting journey to get here.
To start, I am a third generation in the Auto Industry. My grandfather managed dealerships in the 70's - 80's and got my father into the business in which he currently is the GM/President of a large Auto Dealership Company. I have been around dealerships all my life and in 2001 I decided that "it was in my blood" and I have been hooked ever since. I have detailed cars, sold cars, managed dealerships, and have had my opportunity to own dealerships. I decided in 2004 I would do my own thing and left the "retail" business to start my first company. 
I became an agent of National warranty company in the Louisiana territory in which I banged plenty doors down hustling business. Even with my persistence and passion for the business I unsuccessfully was able to really grow the business like I wanted to. It was the hardest thing I have ever done and learned a lot about what it takes to succeed and never quit. During the stint of this 3 year run my mentor in the business saw something in me which I didn't see in myself. He presented an opportunity to become the exclusive agent for a new national GPS tracking company. One chapter ends and new one begins. 
Stroderd GPS Firm is launched in 2007 and I am now the LA Territory Sales Agent. Here we go banging on more doors but this time its the independent auto dealers. I started out selling less than 100 units for a short period of time and fast forward 3 years our company now sells 10,000 units annually and have over 100 dealers we currently do business with. Throughout this stint of growing the GPS business I quickly realized that my passion is in the consulting aspect of the business. I love being part of companies that really want to grow their business. I have had a interesting opportunity to really be part of multiple successful business and have learned so much from all of them. Something is missing though, ALL dealers buy their supplies from various resources yet not one of them actually own a significant market share and dominate the market. Here goes a new company. 
MyDealerSupply.com launches in 2010 as a Auto Dealer Supply company online. Getting online though is not as easy as it sounds. Launching a website that sells over 2000 products takes time and money. We quickly developed distribution and manufacturing relationships all over the US as well as internationally. We began selling various supplies to trusted and very understanding dealers who really just gave us a shot in the beginning because we begged them to. 9 months into starting the business we went live online. Starting a website from scratch isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Many sleepless night went into development and design. We finally launched online and to our surprise the response is overwhelming. November 2011 was our first full month online and as cliche as it may sound we sold enough business to pay all the companies expenses. I anticipate that this business will be the platform for future business opportunities. The Auto industry is a fast evolving business and being able to bring dealers the latest and greatest products that will elevate and help grow their business is exciting. 
Executive Sales Director of national GPS supplier. Our GPS supplier for Stroderd GPS Firm is now the fastest and largest Supplier of product in the US. Their market share continues to grow and they are only scratching the surface on the possibilities to come. Due to the demand of the product and the growth of my business I had no other choices than to join forces and make a bigger impact on the business. So, I now become an employee of a corporate company managing multiple states. I am so excited at this opportunity and really think I can do a great job for this company in assisting to grow their business. 
Well here we are the end of 4th quarter of 2011 and boy has it been a ride so far. I have enjoyed every minute and anticipate every morning waking up and conquering a new day. I read this tweet today that said "its not about the destination, its about the journey" well the journey is what I am here for and needless to say I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment